DMAM2 is a set mammography phantoms for digital mammography systems, designed to be used quickly and easily on a regular basis to provide an ongoing check of imaging performance, particularly those aspects which are most liable to deterioration. An ongoing record of the results of these checks will reveal any trend towards deterioration in imaging performance. DMAM2 contains the following:
- Threshold Contrast Details 78 contrast details in 6 sizes, dia range from 0.1mm to 2.0mm, contrast range 0.489% to 27.56%
- Filaments 6 groups of multi-directional filaments 0.40mm to 0.20mm diameter
- PMMA plates Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) plates with a dimensional tolerance of ±0.1mm. (1pc) 300 x 240 x 20mm (inc encapsulated 99.99% Al foil for SNR, CNR) (2pc) 300 x 240 x 20mm (1pc) 300 x 240 x 10mm (1pc) 300 x 240 x 5mm
- Radiopaque mesh 400 micron (mesh size #40) covering an area 300 x 240mm
- Radiopaque grid Horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines covering an area 300 x 240mm
- Stainless steel straight edge accurate to ±20 microns. Angled at 3°
- Spatial Resolution Test Pattern 0.5 - 14.3 LP/mm. Angled at 45°
- X-ray to Light Field Alignment Radiopaque Rulers x4, Phosphor Screens x5
- Aluminium filter 2.0 ±10% mm 99.9%+ purity for homogeneity tests
- Foam spacers to set the compression paddle position.
- 1.0mm stainless steel plate 300 x 240mm, to shield the detector from X rays during measurement of incident air kerma at the entrance surface of PMMA slabs.
Conforms to standards:
- European guidelines for quality assurance in breast cancer screening and diagnosis (4th edition) - ISBN 92-79-01258-4
Automatic analysis software is available for this phantom: